I am a multi-faceted hands-on Creative Director with over 20 years of experience. I am looking to collaborate with new companies and creative teams where the quality of work is paramount, with an emphasis placed on professional growth and collaboration.
• Creative director, designer, producer, illustrator and project management in all areas of advertising and design –
print and online ad campaigns, publishing, collateral, packaging, social media, outdoor, events, gorilla marketing,
experiential, and web design.
• Editing and copywriting adverting and marketing content.
• Impeccable eye for design and typography.
• Extensive production background in print, outdoor, broadcast and events/experiential.
• Excellent client contacts/liaisons and vendor relations.
• Strategic planning and development.
• Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
• Excellent management and people skills.
• Improvement of process' and collaborative tools.
• Extensive knowledge of Macintosh hardware/software, trouble-shooting issues.
Special Agency/Studio Qualifications:
• Exceptional working in collaborative and think-tank environments. No ego.
• Rock-star solo performer.
• Eat, drink and sleep design.
• Will make logo bigger (upon request).
Expert knowledge of entire Adobe CS (InDesign, Photoshop CS, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, After Effects), Microsoft Office suite. Strong typography, drawing and illustration skills. Basic html/html5 editing capabilities. I work primarily on Mac and
have a full design studio/office for working remote. I have six years of experience managing in-house studio of ten designers. 12 years experience managing a virtual global teams of marketers, social, media buyers, planners and production teams in San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Miami, Mexico City, London, Beijing, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Singapore.
• One Big Studio (design studio) Palo Alto, CA 1997 – Currently (located in Ashland, Oregon)
Creative Director/Art Director – Advertising, branding, marketing materials, annual reports, illustration, newsletters,
and web design.
Clients Include: Adobe, IQ(software). Atherton Lane Advisers, Deep Blue Capital, Hines Warner, Magnolia Group,
Media Wealth, Portola Group, Spector & Associates, Vista (financial). Apple, Cakeity, Chow Catering, Draeger’s
Culinary Center, Fasani Interiors, Fillinger’s Landscaping, Franka, Gaco, MiaFrama, Nike, Northwest Bamboo, Station
Enterprises, Inc., Twine & Jar (retail/consumer goods). Kevin Taylor Photography, Lisa Kimmell (photography).
HP, Informix, New Focus, Oracle, Silicon Image (tech). Interex, Zindigo (marketing firms). SV Magazine (publishing).
GTE, Pac Bell and SBC, Telera, (telecommunications). Mosaic School Program, Stanford University (education),
• Oracle (tech) Redwood City, CA 2005 - 2019
Creative Director Global Advertising/Production – branding, advertising and marketing for online, print, events,
sports marketing, experiential and television.
• Oracle (tech) Redwood City, CA 2001 - 2005
Contract Senior Designer Global Advertising/Production – advertising, collateral, event branding and publishing
• Studio 3 Design (design studio) San Jose, CA 1997 - 2002
Design/Production – branding, collateral, copy editing, illustration and packaging
Clients included: Informix (tech), The Learning Company (education software), ERP (environmental services),
AT&T and NewChannel (telecommunications), Tiarra (semiconductors)
• Michelefelder Design Group (design studio) San Mateo, CA 2001
Contract Graphic Design/Production – branding, collateral, direct mail and web design
Clients included: Made to Order (e-commerce), NewBiotics (biopharmaceutical), LightLogic (optoelectronics),
and EVAA - Electronic Vehicle Association of the Americas (services)
• Beeline Group (design studio) Newark, CA 1999
Contract Graphic Design/Production – advertising, collateral, data sheets, kiosks and POPs
Clients included: Sega (gaming), HP (tech), Nike and Clorox (retail)
• Carter Waxman Advertising (advertising and pr firm) San Jose, CA 1996 - 1997
Graphic Design – advertising, branding, collateral, illustration, packaging, newsletters and web design
Clients included: American Musical Theatre and 840 north First Street (retail/entertainment), Evergreen Valley Collage
(education), Silicon Valley Bank (financial), Bay Area Women’s Conference and BFI (services)
• Tom Geary & Assc. Advertising Agency (advertising firm) San Francisco, CA 1993 - 1995
Graphic Design/Production Manager – advertising, branding, corporate collateral, illustration, packaging, POPs,
TV editing and production. Including many other hats that a five person agency requires.
Clients included: Asciiware (gaming), Round Table Pizza, Homewood Ski Resort, Mikasa Volleyballs (retail/services),
San Francisco Chronicle (publication)
• Rapid Design Studio (design studio and service bureau) San Francisco, CA 1992
Graphic Design/Studio Artist/Production – color separations, product heroes, packaging and textile design
• Stanford, Executive Studies – 2017-19, General Management, Innovation, Design Thinking
• Stanford Continuing Studies – 2000-2005 Business Management, Women Leadership, Business Marketing
• Academy of Art College, San Francisco – 1991 BA in Advertising and BA in Graphic Design
• California Culinary Academy – 1989 (18 month basic culinary & pastry program)
• Art Center, Pasadena – 1987-88 Graphic Design
• Foothill College – 1989 AA Degree in Humanities (Fine Arts and Art History)
• Oracle Corporation – 2014 Marketing Excellence Award
This awarded is once a year and submitted by management and peers. I was recognized for rolling out a global airport program in 27 countries and over 38 airports. Later half of the year I launched the Engineered Systems campaign that partners with Marvel Studio's Ironman movie launch. The campaign was called "Engineered to Work Together” that included OOH, print and online advertising, experiential events, social media and broadcast.